PROCEDURES FOR EXPENDITURE OF 2021-2022 CLASSROOM INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPLY FUNDS THROUGH THE CLASSWALLET PORTAL
PURPOSE: To establish procedures for the proper expenditure for funds allocated to purchase instructional, classroom, or technology-related materials or supplies that directly benefit students.
SCOPE: These procedures apply to all Tarrant City Board of Education employees who are allotted Classroom Instructional Supply funds through the ClassWallet portal.
- Classroom Instructional Supply funds will be allocated to teachers and other certificated personnel for the purchase of instructional materials and supplies.
- All purchases must be made using the ClassWallet portal, either by (a) purchasing from vendors in the ClassWallet Marketplace or (b) by uploading a receipt into ClassWallet. By uploading a receipt you are requesting a reimbursement from a vendor not available on the marketplace, i.e. Teacher Pay Teacher. The ClassWallet portal retains all itemized receipts for purchases.
- Purchases made with Classroom Instructional Supply funds are for instructional classroom materials and supplies that directly benefit the students in compliance with State of Alabama Code 16-1-8.1. Instruction is defined as "dealing directly with the interaction between teachers and students." Materials and supplies are defined as "items that are consumed, worn out, or deteriorated through use".
- Classroom Instructional Supply funds will be available to spend in the ClassWallet portal November 1, 2021. Tarrant City Board of Education requested deadline for expending all Classroom Instructional Supply funds is April 15, 2022.
- Those employees who fail to expend Classroom Instructional Supply funds on anything other than instructional classroom materials and supplies that directly benefit the student are subject to the following actions, at the discretion of the principal or superintendent:
- Immediate payment of any personal or unauthorized purchases;
- Written conference documentation placed in the employee’s personnel file;
- Termination; and/or
- The pursuit of criminal charges.
- If a teacher transfers to another school within the system or leaves the district, the items purchased with the Classroom Instructional Supply funds must stay at the school where the teacher was assigned.
- I understand that Classroom Instructional Supply funds shall be expended during the school year in which they are provided.
- I understand that purchases made via ClassWallet portal in conjunction with personal credit cards for Classroom Instructional Supplies shall be deemed as a donation to the respective school and in no way shall be considered personal property.
- I understand that purchases are to be Tax Exempt – All city and county boards of education in the State of Alabama are exempt from sales tax per Title 40-23-4(15), Code of Alabama, 1975.
When you initially sign in to your ClassWallet account you will have to accept the online affidavit which references this document before continuing with the registration process.
By checking the "Click to Acccept" checkbox on the online affidavit I, (1) agree to receive an allotment for classroom instructional supplies; (2) understand that these funds may be spent only on instructional, classroom, or technology-related materials or supplies that directly benefit students; and (3) understand the consequences if I fail to use the funds for anything other than instructional, classroom, or technology-related materials or supplies that directly benefit students.