FAQs for Teachers
ClassWallet is currently used in approximately 3,000 schools across 20 states. About 135,000 teachers receive district and other funding through the ClassWallet platform.
In Florida, approximately 50% of teachers will receive Classroom Supply Assistance funding through ClassWallet in FY20. Florida districts currently using ClassWallet include: Miami-Dade, Hillsborough, Polk, Pasco, Osceola, Putnam, Levy, Columbia, Martin, Flagler, Holmes, Gilchrest, Desoto, Alachua and Broward. It should be noted that many districts also have correlating education foundations that utilize ClassWallet to allocate teacher/classroom grants.
- How do teachers receive the classroom supply money?
Teachers will receive a ClassWallet account that provides them with access to spend the funds. A welcome email from ClassWallet providing first-time login instructions and information on how to access customer support will be sent from ClassWallet no later than September 30, 2021. The funds will be accessible to eligible teachers once they log in.
- When will teachers receive their funded ClassWallet account?
Teachers with approved affidavits will be able to access their ClassWallet account no later than September 30, 2021.
- How long will the teachers have to spend the classroom supply funds?
The time frame allotted will be from the start date of July 1, 2021 until the cutoff date of April 1, 2022.
- How can the funds be spent/accessed through ClassWallet?
ClassWallet provides two options for teachers to spend funds:
- ClassWallet online marketplace
– When teachers log in to their account, they will see an online marketplace with over 35 leading vendors including Lakeshore Learning, ACE Educational, Staples, Office Depot, Scholastic, Really Good Stuff, Teachers Exchange, US Games, West Music and more. Full list of vendors can be found here: https://classwallet.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/vendors-09152021.pdf
- ClassWallet Reimbursement tool
– When teachers log in to their account they will be able to upload receipts for a direct deposit reimbursement. Users can login on any desktop or mobile broswer. On any smart phone / mobile device, users can login into their ClassWallet account, check their balance, and take a picture of the receipt with their cell phone and submit through the mobile browser. File types accepted are pdf, png, jpeg. These receipts will be subject to audit by District staff.
- ClassWallet online marketplace
- Are teachers required to provide bank account information?
No. Teachers are not required to provide bank account information if they will not be requesting reimbursements for out of pocket purchases
- How do I get reimbursed for my items not purchased through ClassWallet?
ClassWallet need my banking information?
For a teacher to be able to file for reimbursement they will need to enter their banking information. ClassWallet does not have access to teacher banking information, as the input is done through our banking partner (the same type of back end as PayPal). They will do a penny test with the teacher prior to allowing a reimbursement. The information stays between ClassWallet’s bank (Bank United) and the teacher’s bank. The set-up process takes up to 1-2 business days. The information only needs to be entered on the first reimbursement.
- What if a teacher wants to purchase something over the summer or with a
is not a ClassWallet partner?
Teachers may purchase products at a vendor of their choice and submit the receipts. Purchases made over the summer can be submitted. They will be reimbursed according to district policy on date ranges.The teacher will receive the reimbursement via ACH direct deposit into their checking account within 2 – 10 business days after district approval of the receipt.
- Do the dates that I purchase my supplies matter?
YES. Because the funds are appropriated for this fiscal year, the purchases must be made on or after July 1, 2021, but before the April 1, 2022 deadline.
- When can teachers submit receipts and is there a minimum for receipt
Teachers may submit any number of receipts for any dollar amount throughout the spending period anytime between their account going live and the cutoff date.
- How is sales tax handled?
In the ClassWallet marketplace, teachers will not be charged sales tax. When using the reimbursement tool sales tax will be reimbursed according to district policy.
- How do teachers receive items that they purchase in the ClassWallet
Items will be sent from the vendor directly to the teacher at the school. Boxes arrive to the school office with the teacher’s name on the box.
- What about shipping costs in the marketplace?
Most vendors have free shipping within certain thresholds, i.e.: Staples provides free shipping on orders of $50 or more. This information is available inside the ClassWallet Marketplace.
- How long does it take to receive items purchased through ClassWallet’s
Unless an item is out of stock, the orders are typically shipped standard ground within 24-48 business hours of order submission.
- How are marketplace item returns and exchanges handled?
Teachers may contact ClassWallet for assistance. Returned items are credited back to the teacher’s ClassWallet account.
- What happens to funds that are not spent?
All unspent funds are returned to the district. The district will manage the unspent funds per policy and/or state statute.
- Does ClassWallet provide training?
ClassWallet provides 2 virtual trainings for teachers on days and times as suggested by the district. All trainings are recorded and provided to teachers together with pre-recorded How To videos for teachers to view at their own convenience.
- What is a teacher responsible for with respect to receipts?
- When a teacher purchases through the ClassWallet online marketplace, receipts are managed for them. Teachers may access reports of their own spend and remaining balance within their ClassWallet account anytime.
- When a teacher submits a receipt for reimbursement, the receipt is automatically saved within the teacher’s reports. They can access these at any time.
- How does a teacher access ClassWallet customer support?
There are three ways to contact ClassWallet support:
- ClassWallet website www.classwallet.com has a type and chat box that is managed by live support persons. 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturday
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 877-969-5536 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturday
- Are all items available for purchase on ClassWallet allowable?
NO. Items that are available on ClassWallet do not automatically qualify for eligibility. It is the employee’s responsibility to ascertain that items purchased meet the district stated criteria for eligible supplies.
- What if I purchase ineligible items?
The District will monitor the purchases made with these funds, however, as stated in the affidavit, it is the sole responsibility of the teacher to adhere to Classroom Supply Assistance Program guidelines and restrictions to ensure the eligibility of all purchases. Ineligible purchases, and personal items would require reimbursement to the District. Employees that submit duplicate or fraudulent receipts will be addressed according to district policy.
- What if my purchases exceed the amount/balance allocated in
If a teacher desires to spend more than the available funds in the online marketplace, they will be asked to enter a credit/debit card to pay the difference.