Martin County School District

School Year 2020-2021 FAQ’s about Florida Teacher Supply Assistance Program Money – “Lead Money”


1. Q: Are all teachers eligible to receive this payment?

A: An eligible employee for purposes of the Florida Teachers Classroom Supply Assistance Program is a certified teacher employed by a public school district or a public charter school in that district on or before September 1 of each year whose full-time or job-share responsibility is the classroom instruction of students in prekindergarten through grade 12, including full-time media specialists and certified school counselors serving students in prekindergarten through grade 12, who are funded through the Florida Education Finance Program. A “job-share” classroom teacher is one of two teachers whose combined full-time equivalent employment for the same teaching assignment equals one full-time classroom teacher.


2. Q: What items are allowable/unallowable?

A: Under state statute, only instructional supplies are allowable. Supplies are daily use items that would normally be expended or used up within a year, and have no inherent value for someone to steal.

Examples of Allowable: Paper, pens, pencils, highlighters, classroom books, art and crafts materials, charts, maps, globes, posters, flash cards, ink and toner for printers, math manipulatives, DVD/CD for students use, electric pencil sharpeners, protective smocks, inexpensive musical instruments, flash drives, clothing (hats and t-shirts) for students only with the school logo to be used for school activities, food items that are used in classroom instruction and indicated on teacher’s lesson plans.

Examples of Unallowable: Services, memberships, subscriptions, internet subscriptions, travel, conferences, planners for teachers (or any items for teachers), furniture, rugs, shelving, or compartments for storage. The item must be instructional that benefits the students. Absolutely no cameras, computers, tablets, printers, scanners, laser pointers or Amazon fire sticks or Alexa. Ink & Toner for printers are allowed, but not printers.


3. Q: What happens if I purchase an unallowable item?

A: You will need to try and return the item, if the vendor allows. If not, you will have to pay the funds to the district either with a personal check or a payroll deduction. The item(s) you pay will become your personal property. Items that are available on ClassWallet do not automatically qualify for eligibility. It is the employee’s responsibility to ascertain that items purchased meet the District stated criteria for eligible supplies. If you are in doubt, please call the Finance Office at 219-1200, ext. 30415 or email Wesley Quinn at


4. Q: Can I take items home?

A: NO, all items must remain in the classroom.


5. Q: When will I receive my money and how much do I get?

A: A payment of approximately $ 292.03 will be available in ClassWallet on or before September 30, 2020, once your signed agreement has been electronically signed on ClassWallet. NOTE: You MUST complete the electronic Classroom Supply Acknowledgement form prior to ClassWallet releasing the funds to you


6. Q: What is the web address and where can I find my login information for ClassWallet?

A: The webpage is and your login information will be sent to your district email with a link for you to register/sign in.

Here are some helpful links.


Contact ClassWallet customer service with the information from question 17.


7. Q: What happens to leftover funds?

A: Any leftover funds are returned to the SAC committee where the employee was employed at the time funds were received.


8. Q: When I buy items in a store and not ClassWallet, how do I get my money back?

A: For a teacher to be able to file for reimbursement they will need to enter their banking information. ClassWallet does not have access to teacher banking information, as the input is done through our banking partner (the same type of back end as PayPal). They will do a penny test with the teacher prior to allowing a reimbursement. The information stays between ClassWallet’s bank (Bank United) and the teacher’s bank. The set up process takes up to 4-5 business days. The information only needs to be entered on the first reimbursement. Teachers may submit any number of receipts for any dollar amount throughout the spending period. You will upload your receipts using the mobile app or a scanner to your ClassWallet account. The Finance Department will then get a notification and will review your purchases for approval or rejection. If approved, your money will be deposited into your bank account within 4- 5 days.

Here is the link on reimbursements and adding your bank account:


9. Q: How do teachers receive items that they purchase in the ClassWallet marketplace?

A: Items will be sent from the vendor directly to the teacher at the school. Boxes arrive to the school office with the teacher’s name on the box. Unless an item is out of stock, the orders are typically shipped standard ground within 24-48 business hours of order submission.


10. Q: Do I need to keep receipts?

A: The statute states that teachers must keep receipts for 4 years. One of the main advantages of ClassWallet is your receipts are stored electronically with them. Make sure you carefully review your receipts prior to submission. In the event you need to remove a mistakenly uploaded receipt, you must contact the ClassWallet support team at 1-877-969-5536 or via email immediately upon the upload.


11. Q: Can cheap tablets be purchased?

A: No, the statute prohibits of the purchase of any equipment.


12. Q:What if my purchases exceed the amount/balance allocated in ClassWallet?

A: If you desire to spend more than your available funds, you will be asked to enter a credit/debit card to pay the difference.


13. Q: Can I purchase items from garage sales?

A: Unfortunately, this is not acceptable.


14. Q: What happens if I transfer schools?

A: The statute states the funds are intended for the classroom the teacher was assigned to on September 1st. If a teacher transfers to a new school, they will NOT be able to transfer funds, nor can they bring any supplies to their new classroom. The leftover funds will revert to the school’s SAC committee.


15. Q: My Principal asked me to buy certain things the school needs with my funds. Is this allowed?

A: No.


16. Q: Am I eligible to receive the funds if I am on FMLA or on a board-approved leave?

A: If you are on FMLA leave, you are considered an active employee and therefore, eligible to receive the funds. The school site administrator will purchase supplies on your behalf for the substitute/interim teacher. If you are on a board approved leave, you are NOT eligible to receive the funds.


17. Q: How does a teacher access ClassWallet customer support?

A: There are three ways to contact ClassWallet support:

  • ClassWallet website has a type and chatbox that is managed by live support persons, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday- Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday
  • Email:
  • Call 877-969-5536, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday- Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday

If you are on a board-approved leave, you are NOT eligible to receive the funds.