November 23, 2020
PROCEDURES FOR EXPENDITURE OF 2020-2021 TEACHER INSTRUCTIONAL ALLOCATION FUNDS THROUGH THE CLASS WALLET PORTALPURPOSE: To establish procedures for the proper expenditure for funds allocated to purchase instructional, classroom, or technology-related materials or supplies that directly benefit students. SCOPE: These procedures apply to all Mobile County Public School System employees who are allotted Instructional Allocation funds through the Class Wallet portal. PROCEDURE:
- Instructional Allocation funds in the amount of $600 will be allocated to teachers and other certificated personnel for the purchase of instructional materials and supplies. The allocated funds will be available on the Class Wallet portal (www.classwallet.com) on November 12, 2020.
- All purchases must be made using the Class Wallet portal, either by (a) purchasing from vendors in the Class Wallet marketplace or (b) by uploading a receipt into Class Wallet. The Class Wallet portal retains all itemized receipts for purchases.
- Purchases made with Instructional Allocation funds are for instructional classroom materials and supplies that directly benefit the students. We discourage using teacher instructional materials funds to purchase items normally provided by the school, such as tissue, cleaning supplies, etc. Instruction is defined as “dealing directly with the interaction between teachers and students.” Materials and supplies are defined as “items that are consumed, worn out, or deteriorated through use”.
- Teacher Instructional Allocation funds will be available to spend on the Class Wallet portal between December 1, 2020 and April 30, 2021. After which the funds will be returned to the School for use by the Teacher until September 30, 2021.
- Those employees who fail to expend teacher instructional materials funds on anything other than instructional classroom materials and supplies that directly benefit the students are subject to the following actions, at the discretion of the principal or Central Office:
a. Immediate payment of any personal or unauthorized purchases; b. Written conference documentation placed in the employee’s personnel file; c. Suspension; d. Termination; and/or e. The pursuit of criminal charges.
- If a Teacher transfers to another School within the Mobile County Public School System, the items purchased with the Teacher Instructional Allocation funds and any unspent funds must stay at the school.
- If a teacher moves out of the district, the items purchased with the Teacher Instructional Allocation funds and any unspent funds must remain at the Mobile County Public School System.