Funding for COVID-19 test kits and PPE has been made possible by the Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning (DECAL) through the American Rescue Plan Act.
- How do I know if I am awarded funds to purchase COVID-19 Test Kits and PPE?
- Beginning April 4, 2022, all licensed programs are eligible and will be awarded funds to purchase COVID-19 test kits and PPE. The amount of funding you receive will be based on the type of program you operate (CCLC or FCCLH) and your enrollment.
- When can I access the funds?
- Beginning April 4, 2022, your funds will be deposited into an account established for you on ClassWallet. All licensed programs will receive an email from ClassWallet letting them know how to access their funds. Funds may only be spent through the ClassWallet website at eligible vendors. Funds will not be issued as direct payments to the recipient or the program. You will be able to view your award balance and make purchases through your ClassWallet account.
- What types of COVID-test kits and PPE can I purchase?
- In ClassWallet, there are DECAL approved vendors to purchase the COVID-19 test kits and PPE. Allowable purchases for PPE can include items such as, COVID-19 test kits, gloves, masks, face shields, disposable gowns, or hand sanitizer. An electronic affirmation will be required to proceed with ecommerce marketplace purchases in ClassWallet.
- How long do I have to spend the funds?
- All grant funds must be spent through the ClassWallet website no later than June 30, 2022. Any unspent funds will be returned to DECAL after June 30, 2022.
- How do I register for a ClassWallet account?
- To begin, go to classwallet.com. You must login and activate the account online within 30 calendar days of the day the account was first funded. After activating the account, you must complete the DECAL Acknowledgement and Agreement Affidavit electronically through ClassWallet.
- What if I don’t receive an email from ClassWallet on or after April 4, 2022?
- Please check your spam and clutter folders. If after checking all your folders you did not receive an email from ClassWallet, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-969-5536.
- What if I don’t see my USER number in ClassWallet?
- Please contact DECAL at COVIDTestKits@decal.ga.gov.
These are the only allowable items that should be purchased when using these COVID-19 Test Kit funds.
- COVID-19 at home test kits
- disposable gowns
- shoe covers / booties
- air purifiers/filters
- first aid kits
- fire extinguishers
- disinfectants (such as, Lysol, Bleach, Clorox – any type of antibacterial disinfectant)
- hand soap
- Kleenex tissue
- paper towel
- hand sanitizer
The items below are deemed ineligible and this list is not exhaustive. Please stick to the ALLOWABLE items only when placing an order using these COVID-19 Test Kit Funds
- Office Supplies / Equipment:
- Computers / Laptops / Tablets / Phones / Televisions
- Printers / Laminators / Paper cutters
- Furniture / Office Chairs-Desks / Magazine Holder / File Cabinets / Storage bins
- Ink cartridge / Toner cartridge
- Classroom Supplies / Equipment:
- Crayons / Markers / Glue / Pens (exception of antimicrobial pens only)
- Copy Paper / Construction Paper / Manila folders/Sticky post-its
- Manipulatives / Puzzles
- Household Supplies:
- Toilet Tissue
- Laundry Detergent or Pods / Dishwashing liquid
- Trash Cans (exception only step / hands free trash cans)
- Trash bags
- Vacuum cleaner / Swifter Jet Mops or refills / Mops / Brooms / Dust pans / Toilet Brush
- Keurig / Coffee / Crackers / Candy / Popcorn
For questions about eligibility, award funding or policies, email DECAL at COVIDTestKits@decal.ga.gov.