PROCEDURES FOR EXPENDITURE OF 2020-2021 TEACHER INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS FUNDS THROUGH THE CLASS WALLET PORTAL
To establish procedures for the proper expenditure for funds allocated to purchase instructional, classroom, or technology-related materials or supplies that directly benefit students. SCOPE:
These procedures apply to all Ascension Parish School Board employees who are allotted teacher instructional materials funds through the Class Wallet portal. PROCEDURE:
- Teacher instructional materials funds in an amount determined by the principal of each school will be allocated to teachers and other certificated personnel for the purchase of instructional materials and supplies. The allocated funds will be available on the Class Wallet portal (classwallet.com) on August 1, 2020.
- All purchases must be made using the Class Wallet portal, either by (a) purchasing from vendors in the Class Wallet marketplace, (b) using Class Wallet’s concierge service, or (c) by uploading a receipt into Class Wallet. The Class Wallet portal retains all itemized receipts for purchases.
- The only authorized purchases made with instructional materials funds are for instructional, classroom, or technology-related materials or supplies that directly benefit the students. We discourage using teacher instructional materials funds to purchase items normally provided by the school, such as tissue, cleaning supplies, etc. Instruction is defined by the Louisiana Department of Education as “dealing directly with the interaction between teachers and students.” Materials and suppliesare defined as “items that are consumed, worn out, or deteriorated through use” and include software applications.
- Teacher instructional materials funds will be available to spend on the Class Wallet portal between August 1, 2020 and February 28, 2021.
- Those employees who fail to expend teacher instructional materials funds on anything other than instructional, classroom, or technology-related materials or supplies that directly benefit the students are subject to the following actions, at the discretion of the principal or Central Office:
a. Immediate payment of any personal or unauthorized purchases; b. Reduction or elimination of the dollar amount of teacher instructional materials funds in future school year(s); c. Written conference documentation placed in the employee’s personnel file d. Suspension; e. Termination; and/or f. The pursuit of criminal charges.
- If a teacher transfers to another school within the Ascension parish public school system, the principal will decide whether or not the teacher can take non-consumable items purchased with the school’s teacher instructional materials funds to the new school, or whether those items must stay at the school.
- If a teacher moves out of the district, all non-consumable items purchased with teacher instructional materials funds must remain at the Ascension parish school and cannot leave the district.
David Alexander, Superintendent
By my signature below, I (1) agree to receive an allotment for teacher instructional materials; (2) understand that these funds may be spent only on instructional, classroom, or technology-related materials or supplies that directly benefit students; and (3) understand the consequences if I fail to use the funds for anything other than instructional, classroom, or technology-related materials or supplies that directly benefit students. Teacher’s Signature: ______________________ School: ___________________________ Printed Name: _________________________________